By Phil Brown
Read or Download Any Guru Will Do: A Modern Man's Search for Meaning PDF
Best consciousness & thought books
Starting from Plato to writers as diversified as Shakespeare, Proust, Forster, Beckett, Huxley, Lawrence, and Larkin, Reeve brings the big assets of Western literature and philosophy to undergo at the query of affection. love in gentle of the classical international and Christianity, and in its advanced courting with pornography, violence, sadomasochism, fable, sentimentality, and jealousy, Reeve invitations us to imagine extra greatly approximately love, and to discover the confusions that unavoidably end result to be artistic instead of annoying.
Gewalt und Aggression gehören zu den zentralen Problemen der Anthropologie. Dieser Band versammelt Beiträge von Natur-, Geistes und Sozialwissenschaftlern, um einen interdisziplinären conversation zum Thema Gewalt zu eröffnen. Der Diskursteil enthält einen Hauptbeitrag aus sozialpsychologischer Perspektive, Kommentare aus unterschiedlichen Fachgebieten und eine Replik der Autorin.
The senses, or sensory modalities, represent different methods we've got of perceiving the area, comparable to seeing, listening to, touching, tasting and smelling. yet what number senses are there? what number may perhaps there be? What makes the senses diverse? What interplay occurs among the senses? This booklet is a advisor to pondering those questions.
Sight, odor, listening to, style, and touch—as they have been celebrated in the course of the Enlightenment and as they're perceived at the present time. Blindfolding childrens from delivery? enjoying a piano made up of reside cats? utilizing tobacco to remedy drowning? donning “flea”-colored outfits? those activities could seem ordinary to us, yet within the eighteenth century, they made excellent experience.
- Quest:A Search For A Soul For Modernkind
- Philosophy in a Meaningless Life: A System of Nihilism, Consciousness and Reality
- Spiritual Pragmatism: A Practical Approach to Spirit Work in a World Controlled by Ego
- Shadow Yoga, Chaya Yoga: The Principles of Hatha Yoga
- Science and Human Progress (Routledge Revivals)
- Ontopoietic Expansion in Human Self-Interpretation-in-Existence: The I and the Other in their Creative Spacing of the Societal Circuits of Life Phenomenology ... (Book III): 3 (Analecta Husserliana)
Extra resources for Any Guru Will Do: A Modern Man's Search for Meaning
Any Guru Will Do: A Modern Man's Search for Meaning by Phil Brown